Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Great Videos, Magazines, and Books !!

I would like to share my thoughts on the many books and magazines I have purchased and read about Photography, Photoshop and Lighting. One of my very first wasn't a book or magazine at all,  it was  a video my wife bought me called "Through the Eyes of a Pro" Vol 2 Advanced Techniques for Canon DSLR Photographers featuring Tim Mantoani (amazing photographer) put out by Blue Crane Digital. It was AWESOME.....Unbelievable information for the photographer who wants to learn. Chapter by chapter is filled with so much information you'll want to watch it over and over again (which I have). The following link to Blue Crane Digital is a great source of information for the serious photographer.


Another video I watched was "Quality of Light" Indoor Lighting Techniques by James Schmelzer. I was able to learn some things I had not known or had not tried up to that point.
   Some of the many magazines I have read mostly pertain to Photoshop. I am infatuated with that program. Camera RAW is awesome.
By far my favorite author (and photographer) is Scott Kelby's 3 series softcover books entitled The Digital Photography Book Volumes 1, 2 and 3. It is step by step (Kelby secrets) on how to make your photos look like the pros. Scott Kelby's sense of humor is out of this world funny. You feel as though you know him personally as you read, learn and laugh. I strongly recommend these books.  $24.99 at Barnes & Nobel 

This link is to his Photoshop Insider Blog


One more thing I'd like to add. Every photographer must own the B&H Catalog. It's like the holy grail of photography equipment books.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.
Photo by Joe Grimando

No comments:

Post a Comment